In the premier episode of ‘Gluten Free RN’ Nadine tells us a bit about her journey in regaining her health and why it’s so important to understand that food is medicine to our bodies. If we think about food as medicine, we will make better food choices which will lead to much better health in both the short and long term.
Nadine also discusses the increasing rate of Celiac disease diagnosis and some factors that may be influencing this.
Listen in to learn why it’s so important to make good food choices and how making the right ones will help you maintain or even regain your health!
- Nadine’s background
- Nurse for 25 years, 10 years as the Gluten Free RN
- At the time, Nadine didn’t know that gluten intolerance and Celiac disease were often big factors in her patients’ health problems
- Why Nadine considers herself to be a “Connectologist”
- Nadine connects some dots that may not have been previously connected
- Why Gluten sensitivity and/or Celiac disease is often common denominator in health problems
- Why food is medicine and how that affects our health
- Nadine’s journey back from bad health
- Learned she had Celiac disease at the age of 40
- Your GI Tract and immune system
- 70-90 % of your immune system is in your GI tract
- As humans, we do not have do not have enzymes to break down gluten proteins
- Why you may be predisposed to Celiac disease
- 30-50% of our population carries the genes that predispose us to Celiac disease
- The increasing rate of Celiac disease diagnosis
- The importance of having a plan for remaining or getting healthy into your 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s
- It’s easier to maintain your health than to regain it
- Nadine’s diet recommendations
- Common problems of a bad diet
- Topics that will be discussed in future episodes!
“Seeds of Deception” by Jeffery Smith
Connect with Nadine:
Books by Nadine: