‘It’s too hard.’ ‘It’s too expensive.’ ‘It’s time-consuming.’ ‘My family won’t support me.’
There are lots of excuses why you can’t go gluten-free or Paleo, but the Gluten Free RN argues that if it’s hard, you’re doing it wrong. And today, she’s prepared to explain how to easily go gluten-free or Paleo and either maintain or regain your health.
Nadine begins with a discussion of the connection between food and pain or discomfort. She explains how the processed, non-food that most people consume causes damage that prevents us from absorbing the nutrients our bodies need. She offers insight around where to go for gluten-free, organic food and how to jump-start a gluten-free or Paleo diet.
The Gluten Free RN provides tips on taking control of your food choices, trying new foods, and gluten-free cooking—minus the cheap fillers. She also outlines a shopping list for nutrient-dense foods that will heal your leaky gut and feed your neurologic system. Listen in and learn the easy way to go gluten-free or Paleo and optimize your health!
The value in recognizing how you feel
- Shouldn’t have pain, discomfort daily
- Underlying cause traced back to food
Nadine’s response to excuses for not going gluten-free
- No more expensive, must buy food anyway
- Food is medicine, good choices can improve health
How to avoid non-food with empty calories
- Stay away from soda, sugary coffees
- Pass up highly processed and fast non-food
The difference between organic and conventional food
- Conventional food—herbicides, pesticides, genetically modified
- Roundup causes leaky gut, even in absence of celiac disease
Nadine’s suggestions around where to go for gluten-free food
- Grocery stores that cater to gluten-free population
- Local food co-ops, farmers
Nadine’s advice for going gluten-free or Paleo
- Try new foods in the produce section
- Learn to pack simple breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Consider putting in garden
- Get re-educated, take control of food choices
- Replace cutting boards, toasters, etc.
How to get started on a gluten-free or Paleo diet
- Whole30 Program (eliminate grains, sugar and dairy)
Nadine’s shopping list for a gluten-free diet
- Fruits and vegetables
- Nuts and seeds
- Meat, fish and eggs